Our annual raffle is back for 2020:
Purchase digital tickets through our online shop. Buy 1 for $10 or save on 3 for $25! Tickets cannot be mailed, so we’ll send you a digital ticket upon purchase.Buy Tickets
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ELIGIBILITY. The raffle is open to all legal residents of the United States, who, at the time of entry are eighteen (18) years or older, except Headwaters Science Institute employees. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- PURCHASE NECESSARY. Tickets cost $10 each or 3 for $25 and will be sold by Headwaters Staff and approved teachers from program-associated schools in person and online. Tickets may be purchased with cash, check, money order. Each ticket must list the purchaser’s telephone number, address, and email address if available. Raffle tickets may not be deposited in the federal postal service; doing so is a violation of federal law and may lead to penalties. People that cannot acquire tickets in person will be issued a digital ticket. The IRS takes the position that no portion of the ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes. All net proceeds will be applied to Headwaters school programs.
- PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded:
- Grand prize: Lodging for two nights for two people in the Reno/Tahoe area and a Belle-V ice cream scoop.
- Second prize: Dinner for two in the Reno/Tahoe area and a Belle-V ice cream scoop.
- Third prize: One $50 gift certificate to New Moon Natural Foods in Truckee and a Belle-V ice cream scoop.
- Prize winners will receive a 1099 tax form for prize values greater than $600
- Federal and State taxes (if applicable) on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners
- DRAWING: Headwaters Science Institute or its designated representative will conduct the raffle drawing at Celebrate Science in July 2020 (date TBD), and will notify all participants of the date before drawing. We will conduct the drawing live via Facebook and Instagram. Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted under the direct supervision of Headwaters Science Institute. Winner will be notified by email or phone within one (1) week of drawing. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received. A written request must be received and approved by Headwaters Science Institute or its designated representative if the Winner wants to transfer Prize to another eligible adult.
- PRIZE CLAIM: Noncompliance with the rules of the contest by a potential winner will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Claimed prizes will be awarded to the winner, and must be claimed within 30 days in person or by USPS mail. The winner must use the prizes within 1 year of winning. Prior to accepting the Prize, Winner may be required to provide to Headwaters Science Institute a W-9, a clear and readable photocopy of identification (such as driver’s license or passport), social security number, and any additionally required forms. Headwaters Science Institute may require the completed documents, withholding tax payment, and current proof of personal official identification and valid social security number before Prize is released to the Winner.
- GENERAL: Each contestant grants Headwaters Science Institute full permission and authority to use, re-use and license the use of their voice, name, photograph or likeness in any promotional activity related to their being a contest winner, except where prohibited by law. By entering this contest entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
Headwaters Science Institute reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these official rules and regulations or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Contest, drawing and redemption of prizes. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. The winners list will be posted online.
Headwaters Science Institute and its affiliates and agents (including but not limited to its Board of Directors and staff members) are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury or property loss or other damages of contest entrants arising from, or in connection with the prizes awarded or participation in this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Release: Winner agrees to release and hold harmless sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
These rules and this promotion are governed by the laws of the state of California. The exclusive venue for any legal action in connection with this promotion shall be located in Nevada County, California.