We can devise programs that are on-campus, nearby school, or fully off-campus. During all of these, we offer students the best quality field science programs available by taking students through our SDR (Student Driven Research) protocol. This amazing protocol can be adjusted for kids in elementary school through High School. It allows students to ask questions and learn more about the scientific method through their own hands-on, unique research. All programs take the same authentic, inquiry-based science approach to immerse students in science and their natural environment.
- On-campus and nearby campus learning opportunities.
- Off-campus overnight trips to Donner Summit.
- Off-campus overnight trips to customizable locations.
Important notes about our staffing and emergency policies:
Headwaters Science Institute is committed to maintaining the highest safety and security standards for our programs. When your children are in our care, you can trust that they are safe.
- All employees and contractors are background checked before they start working with us. We use a national-level background check program called National Crime Search (nationalcrimesearch.com) that searches all states and county records for any criminal records, sex & violent offenders, and includes a terrorist search.
- Our staff members are all first-aid and CPR certified. Some are Wilderness First Responder certified as well.
- We have a safety plan for every field site we use and know where the nearest fire station is located. We are never more than a few minutes walk to the nearest road.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, we always work in areas that are easily served by 911. Our field site on Donner Summit is less than 2 miles from the nearest fire station with full-time EMT services and the hospital is a short 10-minute ride away.