Jenessa Peterson is a former teacher turned data scientist/engineer. Her more recent work in data science has included building a web-based voter data tracking platform, anomaly detection models for skin lesions and eye disease, and a satellite imagery pipeline for NASA data, among other things. She has also supported curriculum development at Illustrative Mathematics, served as co-lead of the Sacramento chapter of Women In Data, and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from the University of California at Berkeley. Jenessa has a passion for leveraging the scientific method and machine learning technology to improve education.
Watch Jenessa’s talk:
Will you please help us collect some survey data for required reporting to our funders by filling out a quick survey?
Supplementary materials related to this topic:
- “But what is a neural network?” – YouTube video series by 3Blue1Brown
- For a deep dive on this topic, this is a great course from Coursera
- Jenessa’s company The Learning Agency
- Jenessa’s presentation about Convolutional Neural Networks
- Women In Data: womenindata.org