Online School Programs
All our instructors have been vaccinated and we now offer hybrid in-person programs. However, if you or your school feels a fully online program is safer, we are happy to accomodate you.
How it works:
- Programs are tailored to the curriculum you’re covering in class
- Headwaters provides all materials and worksheets digitally
- Headwaters teaches research methods through Zoom sessions
- Students do data collection independently in the field OR work off of a preexisting data set
- Students present their research to one another via Zoom
Sample Online Program
We offer online programs on a variety of topics. See our school programs page for a list of our most common school program topics. The following is an example of how a program is created around a specific topic such as water quality.
Sample topic: Headwaters Water Quality Online Research Program
- 4 virtual sessions
- teaches students about human impacts on the chemistry of water
- field site can be chosen near your school or near students’ homes
- External data set can be used instead of field data collection day