Headwaters Digital Lesson Overview
Exective Director Megan Seifert's Address, March 2019:
We are dedicated to making sure students and teachers have access to engaging and meaningful science education even as school formats are changing.
If we can assist you during this difficult time in any way, please reach out to us with questions, comments, or suggestions at: email@example.com.
Support education: Our generous donors have made it possible for us to provide online education completely free to the public. Please consider joining them to fund education by making a donation.
Our Weekly Lessons
Click any day below to see the current and archived lessons from that day.
- Weekly lesson packets with an introductory video, homework, and pre-lesson assignments.
- Lessons are designed to have students interact with the content, ask questions, and practice critical thinking skills.
- Students are encouraged to submit photos of their associated research projects to us and we will regularly share strong submissions.
- Utilize our office hours for follow up questions on Wednesdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting.
- NGSS Alignment: These lessons hit many SEP’s, CCC’s and DCI’s. See the individual lessons for more information.
Join us on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. PST on Facebook Live
Each week Headwaters will introduce you to a professional scientist who will tell us all about what they do in the sciences and answer questions from the audience. This is a great way to still give kids exposure to science-related careers while learning remotely.
For teachers: Below each talk is a downloadable homework assignment. Each talk and homework assignment gives students practice with many NGSS skills. See the full description on NGSS alignment at the bottom of the page.
On Wednesday’s Headwaters staff will have hours dedicated to helping students and teachers with science lessons during this time of remote learning. Please contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting time.
Every Thursday at 9 a.m. PST, we’ll share a weekly challenge activity you can do to play along with us. Use #HSIweeklychallenge to share your findings with us on social media.
Every Friday at 9 a.m. PST, we’ll share activities that keep you moving through the outdoors around your house. Use #HSIobservers to share your findings with us on social media.
More Recent Lessons
Support Online Programs
Donate to keep online learning free.
Sponsor our online learning programs.